Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Defense

The Department of Defense (DoD) is charged with coordinating and supervising all agencies and functions of the government relating directly to national security and the United States armed forces. The mission of the Department of Defense is to provide the military forces needed to deter war and to protect the security of our country.

The Department of Defense is America's oldest and largest government agency -tracing its roots back to pre-Revolutionary times. Today, the Department is not only in charge of the military, but it also employs a civilian force of thousands. With over 1.4 million men and women on active duty, and 718,000 civilian personnel, DoD is the nation's largest employer. Another 1.1 million serve in the National Guard and Reserve forces. More than 2 million military retirees and their family members receive benefits.

Perhaps you are working for the DoD or interested in working for the DoD. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DoD.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CG8423  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2021 4:20:07 PM(UTC)
CG8423

Groups: Registered

Hello, I’m currently a permanent GS 11 eligible for a 12. My job just posted a Temp GS13 position here are the details about the position

“ This position may be filled as a temporary promotion or temporary reassignment NTE 1 year by a current permanent Army employee. Temporary promotions or reassignments may be extended up to a maximum of five years, and may be made permanent without further competition. This position may be filled as a temporary appointment NTE 1 year, if candidate is not a current permanent Army employee. Temporary appointments may be extended up to a maximum of three years.”

I am wondering if I (as an GS 11 will be eligible for this without being a GS12? I do have the military experience as a 12 if that makes sense
frankgonzalez  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2021 3:03:53 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1165 time(s) in 932 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CG8423 Go to Quoted Post
Hello, I’m currently a permanent GS 11 eligible for a 12. My job just posted a Temp GS13 position here are the details about the position

“ This position may be filled as a temporary promotion or temporary reassignment NTE 1 year by a current permanent Army employee. Temporary promotions or reassignments may be extended up to a maximum of five years, and may be made permanent without further competition. This position may be filled as a temporary appointment NTE 1 year, if candidate is not a current permanent Army employee. Temporary appointments may be extended up to a maximum of three years.”

I am wondering if I (as an GS 11 will be eligible for this without being a GS12? I do have the military experience as a 12 if that makes sense
If it is not open to external candidates, the answer is no, you are not eligible to apply for the GS13 as you do not currently have 52 weeks as a GS12. (if this was DCIPS, my answer would be different)

You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
Rss Feed  Atom Feed