Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Commerce

The Commerce Department's mission is to help make American businesses more innovative at home and more competitive abroad. It is comprised of 12 different agencies responsible for everything from weather forecasts to patent protection. They include:

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ruggerio  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2021 9:16:06 AM(UTC)
Ruggerio

Groups: Registered

I am a current federal employee for DoD. I have applied to a USAJOBS posting for NOAA/NCEI that was listed as a Direct Hire. I understand the general purpose of Direct Hires, but I am curious to know what are my chances?

My understanding is that often a Direct Hire is used to target a specific individual. Am I any more or less likely to be considered for a Direct Hire position than for a "regular" position?

I thought maybe if it had been posted on USAJOBS, this might mean that NOAA was open to considering any resumes they get, but is that not necessarily the case? Do they have to post it on USAJOBS even if they already have someone "pre-selected"?

I have looked for answers in various places but nothing seems consistent. Any insights would be appreciated?
frankgonzalez  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2021 2:20:36 PM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1165 time(s) in 932 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ruggerio Go to Quoted Post
I am a current federal employee for DoD. I have applied to a USAJOBS posting for NOAA/NCEI that was listed as a Direct Hire. I understand the general purpose of Direct Hires, but I am curious to know what are my chances?

My understanding is that often a Direct Hire is used to target a specific individual. Am I any more or less likely to be considered for a Direct Hire position than for a "regular" position?

I thought maybe if it had been posted on USAJOBS, this might mean that NOAA was open to considering any resumes they get, but is that not necessarily the case? Do they have to post it on USAJOBS even if they already have someone "pre-selected"?

I have looked for answers in various places but nothing seems consistent. Any insights would be appreciated?
Direct Hire Authority allows agencies a faster hiring process. If you see it, feel you qualify, then apply. I have beaten out other insiders for a couple of positions despite being in other agencies. So, don't self eliminate.

There are many ways to hire someone, Direct Hire is simply another one. Apply away.

You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
Rss Feed  Atom Feed