Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Relocating

Are you considering relocating your federal career - either by your choice or by Uncle Sam? There are practical issues and concerns to think about when deciding whether or not to relocate. Others have done it while still others have not. This forum will allow for all to offer their insight, post their questions, and help each other out.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
icanzz  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2021 1:23:27 AM(UTC)
icanzz

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Endless Summer Go to Quoted Post
I hope the OP will come back and let us know how it all played out. I gthink this is a widespread problem that's costing employees many thousands of dollars needlessly.

Me too.

Some other sources of confusion on this could be that DoD does have a policy that states that PCS entitlements are not to be paid more than once in a 12 month period. This ONLY applies to DoD moves. But it applies only to DoD and is a policy not law. So even etp is possible.
Shastin  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2021 4:33:29 AM(UTC)
Shastin

United States

I'm still around, still waiting for people to process paperwork so I can transfer. Current command refuses to sign waiver, which just means I will use the resources you provided to fight through the civilian board of contract appeals if they ever come to collect.

Current command took exactly one month to sign my curtailment, and that created a lot of delays. At this point I'm waiting for the firm and I am outta here.
Endless Summer  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2021 4:50:57 AM(UTC)
Endless Summer

Was thanked: 267 time(s) in 228 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Shastin Go to Quoted Post
I'm still around, still waiting for people to process paperwork so I can transfer. Current command refuses to sign waiver, which just means I will use the resources you provided to fight through the civilian board of contract appeals if they ever come to collect.

Current command took exactly one month to sign my curtailment, and that created a lot of delays. At this point I'm waiting for the firm and I am outta here.

A stressful time but you're going to win this. You are holding the strong hand, don't let them bully you. Once you've beaten them, I hope you'll spread the word to help others.

Best wishes,
icanzz  
#24 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2021 5:31:39 PM(UTC)
icanzz

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Just good to know information about transportation agreement. If you go to GAO link below you will also see case history where even LWOP counts towards 12 months of service. In the case below a person was paid PCS entitlements and never actually worked at gaining agency and spent 12 months in LWOP status. The person was terminated for abandonment of job...but was held NOT liable or responsible to repay agency since he spent 12 months or more in LWOP status, thus fulfilling his service obligation to the Govt.

Losing agencies do have the ability in some cases to waive all or some of the money owed. So I imagine that is where prorated comes from. They can at their discretion adjust amount owed or prorate repayment based on circumstances.

https://www.gao.gov/products/b-184948

Edited by user Thursday, October 14, 2021 5:47:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed